Visitors to Waterbury are sure to enjoy the ski areas, restaurants, and mountain views. Tourists can also enjoy the city's hockey games, breweries, and local tours.
- You'll find 262 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Stowe
- The closest major airport is in Montpelier, VT (MPV-Edward F. Knapp State), 15.5 mi (25 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Stowe, VT (MVL-Morrisville-Stowe State), 16.5 mi (26.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Waterbury
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the mountain views and such places to visit as Little River State Park and Camel's Hump State Park. Additionally, you might want to add Ben and Jerry's Factory to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Waterbury. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Waterbury Stowe - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and room size.
- The Old Stagecoach Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this inn. This 3-star inn features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Best Western Plus Waterbury - Stowe - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free parking. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
A top sight outside the city is Church Street Marketplace, located 22 mi (35.4 km) from the heart of the city.
Getting Around Waterbury
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Waterbury Station. Waterbury may not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Waterbury
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 45°F during the day and 6°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 78°F, while the average at night is 26°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 79°F with nighttime averages of 41°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 62°F and nighttime averages of 9°F
- Waterbury gets about 37.36 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 77°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 9°F