Visitors can enjoy all that Walpole has to offer including the restaurants, festivals, and sporting events. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its shopping. Top sights around the area include Boston Museum of Fine Arts, Fenway Park, and Copley Place.
- You'll find 1432 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Boston
- The closest major airport is in Norwood, MA (OWD-Norwood Memorial), 5 mi (8.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Boston, MA (BOS-Logan Intl.), 19.5 mi (31.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Walpole
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Boston Museum of Fine Arts, Fenway Park, and Copley Place. In the area, you'll also find Harvard Square and Boston Public Garden.
Here's a top rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Boston Walpole - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Hynes Convention Center, located 16.5 mi (26.6 km) from the heart of the city, and Boston Common, which is 17.5 mi/28.1 km away.
Getting Around Walpole
To explore the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Walpole Station or Walpole Plimptonville Station. Walpole may not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Walpole
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 16°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 82°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 68°F during the day and 17°F at night
- About 47.05 inches of rain falls on Walpole each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 18°F