Visitors to Washington are sure to enjoy the wineries, theme park, and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's festivals, churches, and riverfront.
- There are 60 hotels and other accommodations in Washington
- The closest major airport is in St. Louis, MO (SUS-Spirit of St. Louis), 21.1 mi (33.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in St. Louis, MO (STL-Lambert-St. Louis Intl.), 37.1 mi (59.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Washington
Cultural venues in the city include Deutsch Country Days, John Colter Memorial and Visitors Center, and Jesse James Wax Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Fort Charrette Historic Village and Deutschheim State Historic Site. Wine tasting is one of the top activities, while Blumenhof Vineyards, Louis P Balducci Vineyards, and Noboleis Vineyard are favorite sights to visit.
In Washington, you'll find 60 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hermann Hill Vineyard & Inn - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- Stone Haus Bed & Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and quiet location at this B&B. This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Captain Wohlt Inn Bed & Breakfast - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers love its helpful staff and clean rooms.
Getting Around Washington
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Washington Station or Hermann Station. Washington might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Washington
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 63°F and the nighttime average to be 21°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 88°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 74°F during the day and 22°F at night
- Washington gets about 42.09 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 24°F