Families will find kid-friendly activities in Eureka, and visitors give high marks for the theme park. This city also attracts tourists with its restaurants and shopping. A top sight in the area is Grants Farm.
- You'll find 339 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of St. Louis
- The closest major airport is in St. Louis, MO (SUS-Spirit of St. Louis), 12.1 mi (19.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in St. Louis, MO (STL-Lambert-St. Louis Intl.), 22.3 mi (35.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Eureka
Families come for attractions such as Hurricane Harbor, Six Flags St. Louis, and Endangered Wolf Center. The city's natural beauty is on display at Winding Brook Estates Lavender Farm, Route 66 State Park, and West Tyson County Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Hidden Valley Ski Resort and Myron and Sonya Glassberg Family Conservation Area.
Here's a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn St. Louis West Six Flags - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and overall value.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Grants Farm, located 15.1 mi (24.2 km) from the city center, and St. Louis Art Museum, which is 20.6 mi/33.1 km away.
Dressing for Eureka
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 62°F and the nighttime average to be 22°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 88°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 74°F during the day and 22°F at night
- Eureka gets about 42.09 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 24°F