Visiting Whidbey Island
Travelers to Whidbey Island give high marks for the bustling port. Tourists can also enjoy the city's football games and cafés. Top sights around the area include Seattle Premium Outlets and Alderwood Mall.
- There are 198 hotels and other accommodations in Whidbey Island
- The closest major airport is in Everett, WA (PAE-Snohomish County - Paine Field), 9.8 mi (15.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Kenmore, WA (KEH-Kenmore Air Harbor), 18.6 mi (30 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Whidbey Island
Cultural venues in the city include Island County Historical Society, PBY Memorial Foundation PBY-Naval Air Museum, and Whidbey Playhouse. The city is notable for landmarks like Fort Casey, Ebey's Landing National Historical Reserve, and Coupeville Wharf. The city's natural beauty is on display at South Whidbey Island State Park, Deception Pass State Park, and Fort Casey State Park.
In Whidbey Island, you'll be able to select from 198 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Captain Whidbey - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and comfortable beds.
- Wildwood Farm Bed and Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 2.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Candlewood Suites Oak Harbor - This 2.5-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and a 24-hour fitness center. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and room size.
Top places to see outside the city include Northgate Mall, located 20.9 mi (33.6 km) from the heart of the city, and Boeing Everett Factory, which is 9.6 mi (15.4 km) away.
Dressing for Whidbey Island
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 54°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 36°F
- From April to June, the average is 68°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 62°F as the daytime average and 35°F as the nighttime average
- About 36.10 inches of rain falls on Whidbey Island each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 71°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 36°F