Visiting Albemarle Sound
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Albemarle Sound, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and important monuments. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its seafood restaurants. Top sights in the city include Wright Brothers National Memorial, Sandbridge Beach, and Cape Hatteras National Seashore.
- There are 1663 hotels and other accommodations in Albemarle Sound
- The closest major airport is in Manteo, NC (MEO-Dare County Regional), 18.7 mi (30.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Albemarle Sound
Cultural venues in the city include Whalehead, Military Aviation Museum, and Children at Play Museum. Families come for attractions such as North Carolina Aquarium at Roanoke Island, Destination Fun, and Paradise Fun Park. The city is notable for its monuments and landmarks like Wright Brothers National Memorial, Currituck Beach Lighthouse, and Duck Boardwalk.
In Albemarle Sound, there are 1663 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Roanoke Island Inn - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and proximity to shopping.
- Cypress House Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a library, along with in-room flat-screen TVs.
- White Doe Inn - This 4.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Other favorite sights in Albemarle Sound include Sandbridge Beach, Cape Hatteras National Seashore, and Jennette's Pier.
Dressing for Albemarle Sound
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 65°F and the nighttime average to be 36°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 77°F during the day and 37°F at night
- Albemarle Sound gets about 49.96 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 86°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 37°F