Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Alvin, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the beaches and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés, shopping, and entertainment choices. Top sights around the area include Johnson Space Center - NASA, Kemah Boardwalk, and Lone Star Flight Museum.
- You'll find 1692 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Galveston
- The closest major airport is in Houston, TX (EFD-Ellington Field), 15.3 mi (24.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Houston, TX (HOU-William P. Hobby), 17.9 mi (28.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Alvin
The city's cultural venues include Nolan Ryan Museum and Marguerite Rogers House Museum. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Alvin Community College and Bayou Wildlife Park.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Alvin. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston-Alvin - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Alvin - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Alvin - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with in-room flat-screen TVs. Expedia customers like its location.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Johnson Space Center - NASA, 14.2 mi/22.9 km from the city center, and Kemah Boardwalk, which is 17.3 mi (27.8 km) away.
Dressing for Alvin
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 75°F and the nighttime average to be 44°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 56°F at night
- July through September averages 93°F during the day and 66°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 85°F during the day and 44°F at night
- Alvin gets about 52.68 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 92°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 45°F