Visiting Galena Park
Travelers to Galena Park will find plenty to explore and enjoy. Around the area, top sights include Discovery Green, Houston Zoo, and Johnson Space Center - NASA.
- You'll find 950 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Houston
- The closest major airport is in Houston, TX (HOU-William P. Hobby), 6.3 mi (10.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Houston, TX (EFD-Ellington Field), 10.1 mi (16.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Galena Park
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Discovery Green, Houston Zoo, and Johnson Space Center - NASA. In the area, you'll also find Minute Maid Park and Toyota Center.
This is a top accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Regency Inn And Suites Galena - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a business center, along with free WiFi.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include George R. Brown Convention Center, 7.3 mi/11.7 km from the city center, and Downtown Aquarium, which is 7.9 mi/12.7 km away.
Dressing for Galena Park
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 76°F during the day and 45°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 57°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 93°F with nighttime averages of 68°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 85°F and nighttime averages of 45°F
- Average annual rainfall for Galena Park is 54.65 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 92°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 46°F