Visiting Buffalo Grove
Visitors can enjoy all that Buffalo Grove has to offer including the restaurants, shopping, and hockey games. Tourists can also enjoy the city's forests and university setting. A top sight in the area is Six Flags Great America.
- You'll find 1206 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Chicago
- The closest major airport is in Chicago, IL (PWK-Chicago Executive), 4.9 mi (7.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Chicago, IL (ORD-O'Hare Intl.), 13.8 mi (22.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Buffalo Grove
A favorite place to visit in the city is Raupp Memorial Museum. Additionally, you'll find Six Flags Great America in the area.
This is a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Four Points by Sheraton Buffalo Grove - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and convenient parking.
Getting Around Buffalo Grove
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Buffalo Grove Station or Buffalo Grove Prairie View Station. Buffalo Grove may not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Buffalo Grove
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 16°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 34°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 48°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 68°F and nighttime averages of 17°F
- About 36.89 inches of rain falls on Buffalo Grove each year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 19°F