Families will find kid-friendly activities in Wheeling, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping. A top sight in the area is Six Flags Great America.
- You'll find 1206 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Chicago
- The closest major airport is in Chicago, IL (PWK-Chicago Executive), 1.6 mi (2.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Chicago, IL (ORD-O'Hare Intl.), 10.7 mi (17.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Wheeling
A favorite place to visit in the city is Heritage Park. Additionally, you'll find Six Flags Great America in the area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Wheeling. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Westin Chicago North Shore - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and quiet location.
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Northbrook Wheeling - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and quiet location at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Chicago North Shore - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its overall value and comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Wheeling
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Wheeling Station. Wheeling may not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Wheeling
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 16°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 34°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 48°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 68°F and nighttime averages of 17°F
- Wheeling gets about 36.89 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 19°F