Visitors to Palatine are sure to enjoy the sporting events and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's local tours, shopping, and university setting. A top sight in the area is Six Flags Great America.
- You'll find 1196 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Chicago
- The closest major airport is in Chicago, IL (PWK-Chicago Executive), 7.9 mi (12.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Chicago, IL (ORD-O'Hare Intl.), 12.2 mi (19.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Palatine
Favorite places to visit in the city include Palatine Hills Golf Course, George Clayson House Museum, and Harper College. Additionally, you'll find Six Flags Great America in the area.
Below is a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Palatine - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
Getting Around Palatine
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Palatine Station. Palatine may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Palatine
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 16°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 68°F as the daytime average and 17°F as the nighttime average
- About 36.89 inches of rain falls on Palatine each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 19°F