Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Mundelein, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the shopping, restaurants, and sporting events. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its cafés. A top sight in the area is Six Flags Great America.
- You'll find 1200 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Chicago
- The closest major airport is in Chicago, IL (PWK-Chicago Executive), 11.1 mi (17.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Chicago, IL (ORD-O'Hare Intl.), 20.1 mi (32.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mundelein
Six Flags Great America is a notable place to visit in the region. In the area, you'll also find Cuneo Mansion and Gardens and MainStreet Libertyville.
This is a top rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- DoubleTree by Hilton Libertyville - Mundelein - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Mundelein
If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Mundelein Station. Mundelein might not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Mundelein
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 16°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 34°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 48°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 68°F and nighttime averages of 17°F
- Average annual rainfall for Mundelein is 36.89 inches
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 19°F