Families will find kid-friendly activities in Canton, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its sporting events. Gerald R. Ford Library, Cobblestone Farm, and Henry Ford Museum are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 355 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Detroit
- The closest major airport is in Detroit, MI (DTW-Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County), 9.2 mi (14.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Ann Arbor, MI (ARB-Ann Arbor Municipal), 14.4 mi (23.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Canton
A favorite place to visit in the city is Village Theater at Cherry Hill. Additionally, in the area you'll find Gerald R. Ford Library and Cobblestone Farm.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 13 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Canton. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Detroit-Canton - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and room size.
- Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Detroit Canton - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Detroit Canton - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Henry Ford Museum, 12.9 mi/20.7 km from the heart of the city, and University of Michigan Museum of Art, which is 13.2 mi/21.2 km away.
Dressing for Canton
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 19°F
- From April to June, the average is 83°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 68°F as the daytime average and 20°F as the nighttime average
- About 33.46 inches of rain falls on Canton each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 82°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 21°F