Families will find kid-friendly activities in Romulus, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and fun sporting events. Vibrant and welcoming, this city will delight tourists with its cafés, museums, and shopping. Around the area, top sights include Henry Ford Museum, Motown Historical Museum, and Fox Theatre.
- You'll find 356 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Detroit
- The closest major airport is in Detroit, MI (DTW-Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County), 0.9 mi (1.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Ann Arbor, MI (ARB-Ann Arbor Municipal), 20 mi (32.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Romulus
A favorite place to visit in the city is Gateway Golf Club. In the area, you'll also find Henry Ford Museum and Motown Historical Museum.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 27 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Romulus. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Detroit / Airport - Romulus - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and comfortable rooms.
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Metro Airport - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Detroit Metro Airport - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Fox Theatre, located 17.9 mi (28.8 km) from the heart of the city, and Comerica Park, which is 18 mi (29 km) away.
Dressing for Romulus
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 19°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 83°F, while the average at night is 34°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 84°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 68°F and nighttime averages of 20°F
- Romulus gets about 33.46 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 82°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 21°F