Visitors to Taylor are sure to enjoy the shopping and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's hockey games and university setting. Around the area, top sights include Henry Ford Museum, Motown Historical Museum, and Fox Theatre.
- You'll find 355 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Detroit
- The closest major airport is in Detroit, MI (DTW-Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County), 4.1 mi (6.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Windsor, ON (YQG), 15.7 mi (25.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Taylor
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Southland Center is a favorite for retail therapy. Additionally, you might want to add Heritage Park to your agenda.
Below is a top rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Red Roof Inn Detroit Metro Airport - Taylor - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and proximity to the airport.
Popular places to visit around the area include Henry Ford Museum, located 5.6 mi (9.1 km) from the city center, and Motown Historical Museum, which is 13.3 mi (21.4 km) away.
Dressing for Taylor
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 19°F
- From April to June, the average is 83°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 68°F as the daytime average and 20°F as the nighttime average
- About 33.46 inches of rain falls on Taylor each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 82°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 21°F