Families will find kid-friendly activities in Troy, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events and live music. Around the area, top sights include Detroit Zoo, Motown Historical Museum, and Detroit Institute of Arts.
- You'll find 355 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Detroit
- The closest major airport is in Detroit, MI (DET-Coleman A. Young Municipal), 14 mi (22.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Pontiac, MI (PTK-Oakland County Intl.), 15.4 mi (24.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Troy
The city is well known for its live music scene and cultural venues like Troy Historic Village. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Somerset Collection is a favorite for retail therapy. In the area, you'll also find Detroit Zoo and Motown Historical Museum.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Troy. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Detroit-Troy - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and clean, quiet rooms.
- Drury Inn & Suites Detroit Troy - Our customers like the proximity to shopping and quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Detroit Troy - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
Top places to see in the area include Detroit Institute of Arts, located 15.9 mi (25.6 km) from the city center, and Charles H. Wright Museum of African-American History, which is 16.1 mi (25.9 km) away.
Dressing for Troy
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 50°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 14°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 29°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 66°F as the daytime average and 17°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Troy is 31.85 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 16°F