Visitors to Carrboro are sure to enjoy the restaurants, cathedral, and shopping. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its sporting events. A top sight in the area is Kenan Stadium.
- You'll find 326 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Raleigh
- The closest major airport is in Raleigh, NC (RDU-Raleigh - Durham Intl.), 16.6 mi (26.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Carrboro
The city's cultural venues include Carrboro Century Center and The Artscenter. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Franklin Street is a favorite for retail therapy. Additionally, you'll find Kenan Stadium in the area.
This is a top accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Chapel Hill/Carrboro - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
One of the top places to see outside the city is Lenovo, located 14.2 mi (22.8 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Carrboro
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 68°F during the day and 32°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 90°F, while the average at night is 45°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 90°F with nighttime averages of 56°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 77°F and nighttime averages of 32°F
- Average annual rainfall for Carrboro is 44.41 inches
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 89°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 33°F