History buffs will enjoy exploring Warwick, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and shopping. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices and art. Roger Williams Park Zoo, Kennedy Plaza, and Rhode Island State Capitol Building are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 85 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Providence
- The closest major airport is in Providence, RI (PVD-T.F. Green), 1.2 mi (1.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in North Kingstown, RI (NCO-Quonset State), 8.2 mi (13.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Warwick
Well known for its art scene, the city's cultural venues include Ocean State Theatre, Warwick Museum of Art, and Clouds Hill Victorian Museum. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Miracle Mile of Shopping and Warwick Mall. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Warwick Pond and Warwick Public Library.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 22 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Warwick. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hyatt Place Wawick Providence Airport - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Hilton Garden Inn Providence Airport/Warwick - Our customers like the dining options and room size at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features 2 restaurants, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn and Suites Providence Warwick Airport - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to visit in the area include Roger Williams Park Zoo, 5.3 mi/8.6 km from the city center, and Kennedy Plaza, which is 7.8 mi (12.5 km) away.
Dressing for Warwick
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 21°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 35°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 83°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 69°F and nighttime averages of 22°F
- About 47.20 inches of rain falls on Warwick each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 82°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 23°F