Visiting Fleming Key
Visitors can enjoy all that Fleming Key has to offer including the beaches, restaurants, and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its sporting events. Top sights around the area include Mallory Square, Audubon House and Tropical Gardens, and Duval Street.
- There are 502 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Key West, FL (EYW-Key West Intl.), 3.3 mi (5.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Fleming Key
Mallory Square, Audubon House and Tropical Gardens, and Duval Street are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. In the area, you'll also find Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum and South Beach.
As you make plans for a getaway to Fleming Key, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 489 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Southernmost Beach Resort is located 2.3 mi (3.8 km) from the city center. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Key West can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- Oceans Edge Key West Resort, Hotel & Marina is located within 4.5 mi (7.2 km) of the city center. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Key West can enjoy access to 6 outdoor pools and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Key West is 1.8 mi (3 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Key West can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and bar.
Top places to visit in the area include Southernmost Point, 2.5 mi/4 km from the city center, and Smathers Beach, which is 2.7 mi (4.3 km) away.
Dressing for Fleming Key
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 80°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 64°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 70°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 78°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 87°F as the daytime average and 65°F as the nighttime average
- Fleming Key gets about 39.76 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 65°F