Visiting Fort Benning
Visitors can enjoy all that Fort Benning has to offer including the forests, sporting events, and lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its restaurants.
- There are 73 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Columbus, GA (CSG-Columbus Metropolitan), 12.2 mi (19.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Fort Benning
A favorite place to visit in the city is Fort Benning Visitor Control Center - Harmony Church Access Control Point. In the area, you'll also find National Infantry Museum and Soldier Center and Rigdon Park.
As you start planning your visit to Fort Benning, the perfect accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 12 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- La Quinta Inn Columbus Fort Benning is located 10.4 mi (16.8 km) from the heart of Fort Benning. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Columbus can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
- Extended Stay America Columbus - Airport is 12.5 mi (20.1 km) from central Fort Benning. This 2.5-star hotel in Columbus features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and WiFi.
- Extended Stay America Columbus - Bradley Park is 14.3 mi (23 km) from the center of Fort Benning. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Columbus can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and location.
Dressing for Fort Benning
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 36°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 49°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 92°F with nighttime averages of 61°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 82°F and nighttime averages of 37°F
- Fort Benning gets about 48.58 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 38°F