Visiting Fort William
Travelers to Fort William give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and lively bar scene. Scenic and welcoming, this city also attracts tourists with its mountain views. In Fort William, there are 81 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Fort William
The hiking trails and mountain views highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Lochaber Geopark, Ben Nevis, and Leanachan Forest. Taking a ferry is a top activity, and Aonach Mor Ski Resort is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are West Highland Museum and Pixel Spirits Distillery.
In Fort William, there are 81 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Garadh Buidhe - Amenities at this 3-star bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and comfortable rooms.
- Glentower Lower Observatory - This 4-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Westcourt Guest House - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Getting Around Fort William
With so many ways to get around, seeing Fort William is simple. If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Locheilside Station, Loch Eli Outward Bound Station, or Fort William Station. You can catch a ferry and cross the water to see more of the region.
Dressing for Fort William
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 49°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 34°F
- From April to June, the average is 65°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 66°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 57°F as the daytime average and 35°F as the nighttime average
- About 52.09 inches of rain falls on Fort William each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 65°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 35°F