History buffs will enjoy exploring Freehold, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping.
- You'll find 97 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Red Bank - Tinton Falls
- The closest major airport is in Belmar, NJ (BLM-Monmouth Executive), 9.3 mi (15 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Princeton, NJ (PCT), 22.9 mi (36.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Freehold
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Freehold Raceway Mall is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Freehold Raceway and Turkey Swamp Park.
Below is a top accommodation based on our user reviews:
- American Hotel - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean rooms.
Dressing for Freehold
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 56°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 22°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 24°F as the nighttime average
- Freehold gets about 46.89 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 84°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 24°F