Visiting Great Neck
Visitors to Great Neck are sure to enjoy the restaurants and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its cafés. Bronx Zoo, Floating Pool, and Bloomingdale's are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Great Neck
- The closest major airport is in New York, NY (LGA-LaGuardia), 7.3 mi (11.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in New York, NY (JFK-John F. Kennedy Intl.), 11.4 mi (18.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Great Neck
Favorite places to visit in the city include Saddle Rock Grist Mill, Kings Point Park, and Steppingstone Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Gold Coast Arts Center and U.S. Merchant Marine Academy.
Below is a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Inn at Great Neck, BW Premier Collection - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Great Neck Plaza can enjoy access to a restaurant and a 24-hour fitness center, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and central location.
Top places to see in the area include Bronx Zoo, located 7.7 mi (12.4 km) from the heart of the city, and Floating Pool, which is 7.8 mi/12.6 km away.
Getting Around Great Neck
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Great Neck Station. Great Neck might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Great Neck
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 55°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 26°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 28°F as the nighttime average
- Great Neck gets about 44.76 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 84°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 28°F