Visitors can enjoy all that Manhasset has to offer including the shopping, restaurants, and coffeehouses. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its welcoming locals. Top sights around the area include Bronx Zoo, Floating Pool, and Long Beach.
- There are 1924 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in New York, NY (LGA-LaGuardia), 9.7 mi (15.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in New York, NY (JFK-John F. Kennedy Intl.), 11.4 mi (18.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Manhasset
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Americana Manhasset Mall is a favorite for retail therapy. In the area, you'll also find Bronx Zoo and Floating Pool.
Here's a top rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Travelodge by Wyndham Manhasset - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Long Beach, located 14.6 mi (23.4 km) from the heart of the city, and Bloomingdale's, which is 14.8 mi (23.7 km) away.
Getting Around Manhasset
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Manhasset Station or Manhasset Plandome Station. Manhasset may not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Manhasset
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 54°F and the nighttime average to be 26°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 82°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 70°F during the day and 28°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Manhasset is 42.76 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 28°F