Visitors can enjoy all that Hackensack has to offer including the churches, shopping, and restaurants. Top sights around the area include Central Park, Bronx Zoo, and American Lyric Theater.
- You'll find 53 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Fort Lee - Paramus
- The closest major airport is in Teterboro, NJ (TEB), 2.7 mi (4.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in New York, NY (LGA-LaGuardia), 12.1 mi (19.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hackensack
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Riverside Square Mall is a favorite for retail therapy. Additionally, you might want to add New Jersey Naval Museum to your agenda.
As you make plans for a getaway to Hackensack, the best accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 687 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Luxury 2 Bedroom Apartment Near NYC #607 is 1.3 mi (2 km) from the center of Hackensack. This 4-star hotel in New York features 3 restaurants, a 24-hour health club, and a bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale.
- The Roosevelt Hotel, New York City is located 10 mi (16.1 km) from the heart of Hackensack. This 3-star hotel in New York features parking, a business center, and concierge services. Our customers like its proximity to public transit and comfortable rooms.
- Salisbury Hotel is 9.3 mi (15 km) from central Hackensack. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in New York can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and proximity to public transit.
Popular places to see around the area include Central Park, located 9.3 mi (15 km) from the city center, and Bronx Zoo, which is 9.4 mi/15.1 km away.
Getting Around Hackensack
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Hackensack Essex Street Station. Hackensack might not have very many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Hackensack
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 56°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 23°F
- From April to June, the average is 85°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 72°F as the daytime average and 25°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Hackensack is 47.64 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 85°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 25°F