Find Hotels in Houston, TX
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Sep 14, 2020
Reviewed on Sep 6, 2020
Reviewed on Sep 5, 2020
Reviewed on Sep 14, 2020
Reviewed on Sep 4, 2020
Where to stay in Houston
4.5/5Wonderful!(2,299 area reviews)
Known for its abundant dining options and live music, there's plenty to explore in Downtown Houston. Top attractions like Downtown Aquarium and Discovery Green are major draws, and you can catch the metro at Central Station Main or Theater District Station to see more of the city.
4/5Very Good!(535 area reviews)
Energy Corridor is popular for its abundant dining options, and you can check out TopGolf Houston, a top attraction in the neighborhood.
4/5Very Good!(728 area reviews)
Memorial is known for its abundant dining options, and you can plan a trip to Memorial City Mall and CityCentre while you're in town.
4/5Very Good!(600 area reviews)
Some popular features of FM 1960 include its shopping and restaurants. If you're in the mood to explore farther, Willowbrook Mall or Sam Houston Race Park are worth checking out in the surrounding nearby area.
4/5Very Good!(128 area reviews)
Unique features of Montrose include the theaters and museums. Make a stop by Menil Collection or Westheimer Rd while you're exploring the area.
Travelers to Houston give high marks for the fun sporting events, popular theater scene, and live music scene. This city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices, festivals, and shopping. Top sights in the city include Downtown Aquarium, Discovery Green, and Toyota Center.
- There are 1578 hotels and other accommodations in Houston
- The closest major airport is in Houston, TX (HOU-William P. Hobby), 9 mi (14.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Houston, TX (IAH-George Bush Intercontinental), 15.8 mi (25.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Houston
Known for its theaters, live music, and festivals, the city's cultural venues include Menil Collection, Houston Museum District, and Children's Museum of Houston. Attractions like Downtown Aquarium, Houston Zoo, and Space Center Houston are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Battleship Texas, Lakewood Church, and Gerald D. Hines Waterwall Park.
In Houston, you'll find 1578 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- La Maison in Midtown an urban bed and breakfast - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Midtown can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Houston Towers Inn Downtown Museum District Med. Ctr NRG-Adults Only - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this B&B. This 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Southeast Houston features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Embassy Suites by Hilton The Woodlands at Hughes Landing - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
Other favorite sights in Houston include Discovery Green, Toyota Center, and Minute Maid Park.
Getting Around Houston
With so many ways to get around, seeing Houston is simple. Nearby metro stations include Main Street Square Station, Preston Station, and Bell Station. To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Houston Station.
Dressing for Houston
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 77°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 43°F
- From April to June, the average is 93°F during the day and 56°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 96°F during the day and 66°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 86°F as the daytime average and 42°F as the nighttime average
- About 49.80 inches of rain falls on Houston each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 94°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 44°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Houston?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Houston, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Houston?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Houston?
What's the best place to stay in Downtown Houston?
What's a favorite place to stay in The Galleria?
What's the best place to stay for families in Houston?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic vacation to Houston?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Houston?
What's the best hotel to stay close to Minute Maid Park?
What about the best place to stay near Toyota Center?
What are some hotels with pools in Houston?
Recent reviews of Houston hotels
More trip options
- Houston Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Houston Airports
- Hotels in Houston Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Houston Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Houston
- More Hotel Options in Houston
- Houston Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in Texas
- Other Hotels near Houston, Texas
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends