Visitors can enjoy all that Ione has to offer including the restaurants and golf courses. There are 72 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Stockton, CA (SCK-Stockton Municipal), 34.9 mi (56.1 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Sacramento, CA (SMF-Sacramento Intl.), 42.9 mi (69.1 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Ione
Places to visit in the larger region include Rancheria Creek Park, Bryson Park, and Sutter Creek City Hall. In the area, you'll also find Sutter Creek Theater and Sutter Creek Visitor Center.
As you plan your vacation to Ione, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Red Roof Inn & Suites Rancho Cordova - Sacramento is 25.9 mi (41.7 km) from the center of Ione. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Rancho Cordova can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its comfortable rooms.
- Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova is located 25.8 mi (41.5 km) from the heart of Ione. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Rancho Cordova can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with pillowtop beds. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Extended Stay America Sacramento - White Rock Road is 25.7 mi (41.3 km) from central Ione. This 2.5-star hotel in Rancho Cordova features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Ione
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 70°F and the nighttime average to be 38°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September averages 92°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 84°F during the day and 37°F at night
- Ione gets about 18.58 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 38°F