Visiting Laguna Woods
Visitors to Laguna Woods are sure to enjoy the beaches, restaurants, and shopping. Welcoming and relaxing, this city also attracts tourists with its forests. Top sights around the area include Main Beach Park, Huntington State Beach, and Irvine Spectrum Center.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Laguna Woods
- The closest major airport is in Orange County, CA (SNA-John Wayne), 9 mi (14.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Fullerton, CA (FUL-Fullerton Municipal), 23.1 mi (37.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Laguna Woods
Main Beach Park, Huntington State Beach, and Irvine Spectrum Center are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. In the area, you'll also find Mission San Juan Capistrano and Balboa Pier.
Here's a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Ayres Hotel Laguna Woods - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and convenient parking.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Segerstrom Center for the Arts, located 10.5 mi (17 km) from the city center, and Santa Ana Zoo, which is 11.3 mi (18.2 km) away.
Dressing for Laguna Woods
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 68°F and the nighttime average to be 47°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 80°F during the day and 49°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 59°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 78°F during the day and 46°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Laguna Woods is 13.66 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and September with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 47°F