Visiting Lake Forest
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Lake Forest, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its forests, lakeside setting, and shopping. Main Beach Park, Huntington State Beach, and Irvine Spectrum Center are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 9 hotels and other accommodations in Lake Forest
- The closest major airport is in Orange County, CA (SNA-John Wayne), 10.3 mi (16.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Fullerton, CA (FUL-Fullerton Municipal), 22.9 mi (36.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lake Forest
Favorite family attractions include Saddleback Valley Volleyball Club and Etnies Skate Park of Lake Forest. The forests and lakeside exemplify the city's natural beauty and places to visit include Heritage Hill Historic Park and Pittsford Park. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to The Orchard at Saddleback and Foothill Ranch Towne Centre.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Lake Forest. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Staybridge Suites Lake Forest - With a stay at this 3-star aparthotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia travelers love its overall value and WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Irvine South/Irvine Spectrum - Our customers like the overall value and WiFi at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Candlewood Suites Irvine East - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a fitness center, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its quiet location and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Top places to see outside the city include Main Beach Park, located 9.2 mi (14.8 km) from the city center, and Huntington State Beach, which is 16.4 mi (26.4 km) away.
Dressing for Lake Forest
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 68°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 47°F
- From April to June, the average is 72°F during the day and 49°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 59°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 78°F as the daytime average and 46°F as the nighttime average
- About 13.66 inches of rain falls on Lake Forest each year
- August and September are usually the hottest months averaging 82°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 47°F