Families will find kid-friendly activities in Laurel, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its festivals. Around the area, top sights include Ford's Theater, United States Capitol, and White House.
- You'll find 316 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Baltimore
- The closest major airport is in Fort Meade, MD (FME-Tipton), 4.9 mi (7.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in College Park, MD (CGS), 9.6 mi (15.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Laurel
The city is well known for its festivals and cultural venues like Laurel Museum. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Dutch Country Farmers Market is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Laurel College Center and Laurel Park.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Laurel. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Homewood Columbia Laurel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area) - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Fairfield Inn By Marriott Laurel - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and quiet location.
Top places to see in the area include Ford's Theater, 17.3 mi/27.9 km from the city center, and United States Capitol, which is 17.3 mi (27.9 km) away.
Getting Around Laurel
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Laurel Station, Laurel Park Station, or Laurel Muirkirk Station. Laurel might not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Laurel
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 59°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 24°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 72°F as the daytime average and 25°F as the nighttime average
- Laurel gets about 41.89 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 86°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 26°F