Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Jessup, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the shopping and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's sporting events, casinos, and cafés. Top sights around the area include National Aquarium in Baltimore, B&O Railroad Museum, and M&T Bank Stadium.
- You'll find 316 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Baltimore
- The closest major airport is in Fort Meade, MD (FME-Tipton), 4.6 mi (7.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Baltimore, MD (BWI-Baltimore Washington Intl. Thurgood Marshall), 7.1 mi (11.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Jessup
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Historic Savage Mill is a favorite for retail therapy. Additionally, in the area you'll find National Aquarium in Baltimore and B&O Railroad Museum.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Jessup. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Columbia East-Jessup - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and helpful staff.
- Sleep Inn Jessup - Our customers like the convenient parking and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbia/Fort Meade - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Popular places to visit around the area include M&T Bank Stadium, located 12.9 mi (20.8 km) from the city center, and Oriole Park at Camden Yards, which is 13.1 mi (21.2 km) away.
Getting Around Jessup
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Jessup Station. Jessup might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Jessup
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 59°F during the day and 24°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 52°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 72°F and nighttime averages of 25°F
- About 41.89 inches of rain falls on Jessup each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 86°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 26°F