Families will find kid-friendly activities in Hanover, and visitors give high marks for the casinos, shopping, and lively bar scene. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its restaurants, entertainment choices, and theaters. Around the area, top sights include National Aquarium in Baltimore, M&T Bank Stadium, and B&O Railroad Museum.
- You'll find 316 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Baltimore
- The closest major airport is in Baltimore, MD (BWI-Baltimore Washington Intl. Thurgood Marshall), 3 mi (4.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Fort Meade, MD (FME-Tipton), 6 mi (9.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hanover
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Arundel Mills Mall is a favorite for retail therapy. Additionally, you might want to add Maryland Live Casino to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 18 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Hanover. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Hotel at Arundel Preserve - This 3.5-star hotel features 2 restaurants, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and proximity to the airport.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Arundel Mills/BWI Airport - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and quiet location at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
Outside the city, top places to visit include National Aquarium in Baltimore, located 10 mi (16.1 km) from the city center, and M&T Bank Stadium, which is 9.3 mi/14.9 km away.
Dressing for Hanover
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 59°F and the nighttime average to be 24°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 72°F during the day and 25°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Hanover is 41.89 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 86°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 26°F