Families will find kid-friendly activities in Greenbelt, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping and university setting. Top sights around the area include United States Capitol, Ford's Theater, and White House.
- You'll find 130 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of College Park
- The closest major airport is in College Park, MD (CGS), 2.8 mi (4.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Fort Meade, MD (FME-Tipton), 8.8 mi (14.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Greenbelt
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Beltwayplaza Mall is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Greenbelt Museum and Buddy Attick Park.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Greenbelt. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Residence Inn - Greenbelt by Marriott - This 3-star aparthotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia travelers love its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Courtyard Greenbelt - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/Greenbelt - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
Top places to see around the area include United States Capitol, located 10.6 mi (17 km) from the heart of the city, and Ford's Theater, which is 10.7 mi/17.2 km away.
Getting Around Greenbelt
Head over to Greenbelt Station for metro transit. If you'd like to explore around the area, you may want a rental car for your journey.
Dressing for Greenbelt
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 61°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 26°F
- From April to June, the average is 88°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 54°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 74°F as the daytime average and 27°F as the nighttime average
- Greenbelt gets about 43.78 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 28°F