Families will find kid-friendly activities in Columbia, and visitors give high marks for the live music scene, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its theaters, local tours, and festivals. National Aquarium in Baltimore, B&O Railroad Museum, and M&T Bank Stadium are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 316 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Baltimore
- The closest major airport is in Fort Meade, MD (FME-Tipton), 10.4 mi (16.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Baltimore, MD (BWI-Baltimore Washington Intl. Thurgood Marshall), 10.9 mi (17.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Columbia
The city is known for its live music, theaters, and festivals, along with cultural venues like Merriweather Post Pavilion. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and The Mall in Columbia is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Robinson Nature Center and Hyper Kidz.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Columbia. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia/South - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia - Our customers like the convenient parking and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Columbia - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to visit around the area include National Aquarium in Baltimore, 14.7 mi/23.6 km from the heart of the city, and B&O Railroad Museum, which is 13.5 mi/21.7 km away.
Dressing for Columbia
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 59°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 24°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 72°F as the daytime average and 25°F as the nighttime average
- About 41.89 inches of rain falls on Columbia each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 86°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 26°F