Visiting San Ramon
Families will find kid-friendly activities in San Ramon, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping, bars, and sporting events. Top sights around the area include Lafayette Gallery, Chabot Space and Science Center, and Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum.
- There are 15 hotels and other accommodations in San Ramon
- The closest major airport is in Hayward, CA (HWD-Hayward Executive), 11.1 mi (17.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Oakland, CA (OAK-Oakland Intl.), 13.7 mi (22.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in San Ramon
A couple of favorite places to visit are Bishop Ranch Regional Preserve and Bridges Golf Club. Additionally, in the area you'll find Lafayette Gallery and Chabot Space and Science Center.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in San Ramon. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- HYATT house San Ramon - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its WiFi and comfortable rooms.
- Residence Inn By Marriott San Ramon - Our customers like the breakfast and proximity to shopping at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Marriott San Ramon - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and room size.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum, located 12.3 mi (19.8 km) from the heart of the city, and Oracle Arena, which is 12.5 mi/20.2 km away.
Dressing for San Ramon
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 73°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 45°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 50°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 58°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 84°F as the daytime average and 44°F as the nighttime average
- About 0.71 inches of rain falls on San Ramon each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 46°F