Those traveling to Lotus are sure to enjoy the sights to see and things to do. There are 113 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Sacramento, CA (SMF-Sacramento Intl.), 37.2 mi (59.8 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Lotus
Places to visit in the larger region include Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park, El Dorado County Historical Museum, and Placerville Speedway. In the area, you'll also find El Dorado County Fairgrounds and Gold Country Museum.
As you make plans for a getaway to Lotus, the perfect accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 25 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay in the area:
- Ponderosa RV Resort is located 2 mi (3.2 km) from the heart of Lotus. This 2-star cabin in Lotus features free WiFi, free parking, and a seasonal outdoor pool.
- Comfort Inn and Suites Rancho Cordova is 21.5 mi (34.5 km) from the center of Lotus. This 3-star motel in Rancho Cordova features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Rocklin is 16.5 mi (26.5 km) from central Lotus. This 2-star hotel in Rocklin features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
Dressing for Lotus
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 62°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 38°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 37°F at night
- About 38.86 inches of rain falls on Lotus each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 92°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 38°F