Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Maxwell, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices and shopping. Around the area, top sights include Brownes Beach, Barbados Parliament Buildings, and Kensington Oval.
- There are 25 hotels and other accommodations in Maxwell
- The closest major airport is in Bridgetown (BGI-Grantley Adams Intl.), 4.9 mi (7.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Maxwell
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Maxwell Beach and Turtle Beach. In the area, you'll also find Brownes Beach and Barbados Parliament Buildings.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 25 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Maxwell. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Sand Acres at Bougainvillea - With a stay at this 4-star aparthotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia travelers love its dining options and proximity to the airport.
- Bougainvillea Barbados - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and clean rooms at this resort. With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi.
- Meridian Inn - This 2.5-star inn features free WiFi, free parking, and concierge services. Expedia customers like its dining options and overall value.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Kensington Oval, located 5 mi (8 km) from the heart of the city, and Crane Beach, which is 8.3 mi/13.3 km away.
Dressing for Maxwell
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 87°F and the nighttime average to be 67°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 69°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 72°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 69°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Maxwell is 46.57 inches
- Hottest months are usually May and September with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are February and March with an average of 68°F