Visiting Mercer Island
Visitors can enjoy all that Mercer Island has to offer including the opera houses, entertainment choices, and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its lakeside setting. Around the area, top sights include Nordstrom, Pike Place Market, and Space Needle.
- You'll find 1027 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Seattle
- The closest major airport is in Seattle, WA (BFI-Boeing Field), 4 mi (6.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Renton, WA (RNT-Renton Municipal), 5.5 mi (8.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mercer Island
Favorite places to visit in the city include Bicentennial Park, Luther Burbank Park, and Lake Washington. Additionally, in the area you'll find Nordstrom and Pike Place Market.
As you make plans for a getaway to Mercer Island, the perfect accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 822 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay in the area:
- 1 Bedroom Apartment On Mercer Island Private Secluded Sleeps 4 is 0.8 mi (1.4 km) from central Mercer Island. This 3-star hotel in Seattle features free WiFi, a 24-hour fitness center, and a rooftop terrace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and proximity to public transit.
- Mercer Island House w/ Deck & Splendid Lake Views! is 2.1 mi (3.4 km) from the center of Mercer Island. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Seattle can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and a fitness center, along with an in-room iPod dock. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and proximity to public transit.
- Luxury on Mercer Island bus to Seattle or Bellevue is located 1.1 mi (1.8 km) from the heart of Mercer Island. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in SeaTac can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and central location.
Popular places to see in the area include Space Needle, 6.9 mi/11.1 km from the heart of the city, and Safeco Field, which is 5.4 mi/8.6 km away.
Dressing for Mercer Island
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 57°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 36°F
- From April to June, the average is 74°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 66°F as the daytime average and 35°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Mercer Island is 39.96 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 76°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 36°F