Visiting Sun Valley
Visitors can enjoy all that Sun Valley has to offer including the live music, restaurants, and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's waterfalls and sporting events. Top sights around the area include Warner Brothers Studio, Universal Studios Hollywood®, and Hollywood Sign.
- You'll find 2636 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Los Angeles
- The closest major airport is in Burbank, CA (BUR-Bob Hope), 2.6 mi (4.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Van Nuys, CA (VNY), 6.5 mi (10.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sun Valley
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Warner Brothers Studio, Universal Studios Hollywood®, and Hollywood Sign. In the area, you'll also find Hollywood Bowl and TCL Chinese Theatre.
As you make plans for a getaway to Sun Valley, the perfect accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 606 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Private Attached Guest House: N. Hollywood/ Universal is located 1.3 mi (2 km) from the heart of Sun Valley. Located in Sun Valley, this guesthouse features a kitchen, a fireplace, and a washer/dryer. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and proximity to shopping.
- Hilton Los Angeles Airport is 19.7 mi (31.7 km) from the center of Sun Valley. This 4-star hotel in Los Angeles features 3 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and a fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and comfortable rooms.
- Hyatt Regency Los Angeles International Airport is 19.7 mi (31.7 km) from central Sun Valley. This 4-star hotel in Los Angeles features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and room size.
Top places to see around the area include Dolby Theater, located 9.1 mi (14.7 km) from the city center, and Hollywood Walk of Fame, which is 9.2 mi/14.8 km away.
Getting Around Sun Valley
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Sun Valley Station. Sun Valley might not have very many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Sun Valley
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 71°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 41°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 48°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 58°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 83°F as the daytime average and 41°F as the nighttime average
- About 16.65 inches of rain falls on Sun Valley each year
- August and September are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 42°F