Visiting New Rochelle
Visitors to New Rochelle are sure to enjoy the restaurants and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming locals. Around the area, top sights include Bronx Zoo, Floating Pool, and Bloomingdale's.
- You'll find 59 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of White Plains
- The closest major airport is in New York, NY (LGA-LaGuardia), 10.5 mi (16.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in White Plains, NY (HPN-Westchester County), 11.7 mi (18.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in New Rochelle
The picturesque setting of Hudson Park and Beach and Glen Island Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Monroe College New Rochelle Campus and New Roc City.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options to select from in New Rochelle. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Residence Inn By Marriott New Rochelle - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a 24-hour fitness center, and a spa tub. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and quiet location.
- Radisson Hotel New Rochelle - Our customers like the dining options and quiet location at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Bronx Zoo, located 6.8 mi (10.9 km) from the city center, and Floating Pool, which is 9.2 mi/14.8 km away.
Getting Around New Rochelle
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at New Rochelle Station. New Rochelle might not have very many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for New Rochelle
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 55°F and the nighttime average to be 26°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September averages 86°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 71°F during the day and 28°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for New Rochelle is 44.76 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 28°F