Visitors give high marks for the seaside in Oban, which is also known for its local tours and seafood restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming and walkable setting.
- There are 93 hotels and other accommodations in Oban
- The closest major airport is in Glasgow (GLA-Glasgow Intl.), 55.1 mi (88.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Oban
The city is notable for landmarks like McCaig's Tower, St. John's Cathedral, and Dunstaffnage Castle and Chapel. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and these places to visit: Ganavan Sands, Carn Breugach, and Scottish Sealife Sanctuary. Top activities include taking a ferry and taking local tours, while Oban Ferry Terminal is one place to visit.
In Oban, you'll find 93 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Aspen Lodge - This 5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and helpful staff.
- Blarcreen House - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this guesthouse. With a stay at this 5-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- High Cliff Guest House - Amenities at this 4-star guesthouse include free breakfast and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and convenient parking.
Getting Around Oban
With so many choices for transportation, exploring all of Oban is simple. To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Oban Station or Oban Connel Ferry Station. You can take a ferry and cross the water to see more of the region.
Dressing for Oban
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 47°F during the day and 38°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 59°F, while the average at night is 39°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 60°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 55°F and nighttime averages of 40°F
- Average annual rainfall for Oban is 1.38 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 59°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 38°F