Families enjoy visiting Picayune though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's coffeehouses and golf courses.
- There are 6 hotels and other accommodations in Picayune
- The closest major airport is in Gulfport, MS (GPT-Gulfport - Biloxi Intl.), 33.9 mi (54.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Picayune
A couple of favorite places to visit are Crosby Aboretum and Millbrook Country Club. You'll also find John C. Stennis Space Center and Lazy Magnolia Brewing Company in the area.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Picayune. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Picayune-Stennis Space Center - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Heritage Inn Picayune - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Super 8 by Wyndham Picayune - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Picayune
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Picayune Station. Picayune might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Picayune
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 73°F and the nighttime average to be 39°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 52°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 82°F during the day and 39°F at night
- About 63.11 inches of rain falls on Picayune each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 40°F