Visitors can enjoy all that Poinciana has to offer including its parks. SeaWorld® Orlando, ChampionsGate Golf Club, and Gatorland® are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 8932 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Orlando
- The closest major airport is in Kissimmee, FL (ISM-Kissimmee Gateway), 11 mi (17.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Orlando, FL (MCO-Orlando Intl.), 22.4 mi (36 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Poinciana
A favorite place to visit in the city is Disney Wilderness Preserve. In the area, you'll also find SeaWorld® Orlando and ChampionsGate Golf Club.
As you plan your vacation to Poinciana, the best accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 469 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Alhambra Villas by Diamond Resorts is 0.8 mi (1.3 km) from the center of Poinciana. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star resort in Orlando can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- Cozy Family Getaway Near Disney! is 0.5 mi (0.9 km) from central Poinciana. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Lake Buena Vista can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and helpful staff.
- Avanti Palms Resort and Conference Center is located 22.3 mi (35.9 km) from the heart of Poinciana. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Kissimmee can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and central location.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Walt Disney World®, located 20.8 mi (33.4 km) from the city center, and Gatorland®, which is 15.2 mi (24.5 km) away.
Dressing for Poinciana
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 80°F and the nighttime average to be 47°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 56°F at night
- July through September averages 92°F during the day and 69°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 47°F at night
- Poinciana gets about 52.01 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 48°F