Visitors to Rockaway are sure to enjoy the shopping and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its lakeside setting.
- You'll find 80 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Parsippany
- The closest major airport is in Morristown, NJ (MMU-Morristown Municipal), 8.7 mi (14 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Caldwell, NJ (CDW-Essex County), 12.5 mi (20.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Rockaway
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Rockaway Townsquare is a favorite for retail therapy. In the area, you'll also find The Stickley Museum at Craftsman Farms and Hedden Park.
This is a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Rockaway
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 56°F during the day and 19°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 33°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 86°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 20°F
- About 50.43 inches of rain falls on Rockaway each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 84°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 20°F