Those traveling to Socorro are sure to enjoy the sights to see and things to do. Around the area, top sights include American Consulate, El Paso Zoo, and Chamizal National Memorial.
- You'll find 102 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of El Paso
- The closest major airport is in Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua (CJS-Abraham Gonzalez Intl.), 10 mi (16 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in El Paso, TX (ELP-El Paso Intl.), 13 mi (21 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Socorro
A favorite place to visit in the city is Socorro Mission. In the area, you'll also find American Consulate and El Paso Zoo.
As you start planning your visit to Socorro, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 21 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- Radisson Hotel El Paso Airport is 12.7 mi (20.4 km) from central Socorro. This 3.5-star hotel in El Paso features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and convenient parking.
- Ramada by Wyndham El Paso is located 7.7 mi (12.4 km) from the heart of Socorro. This 2.5-star hotel in El Paso features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and proximity to shopping.
- The Hotel At Sunland Park Casino, Ascend Hotel Collection Member is 20.5 mi (32.9 km) from the center of Socorro. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Sunland Park can enjoy access to a casino and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and overall value.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Chamizal National Memorial, located 13.9 mi (22.3 km) from the heart of the city, and El Paso Museum of Art, which is 15.3 mi/24.6 km away.
Dressing for Socorro
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 74°F during the day and 32°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 97°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 96°F with nighttime averages of 58°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 84°F and nighttime averages of 31°F
- Socorro gets about 0.35 inches of rain per year
- Usually June and July are the hottest months with an average of 95°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 33°F