Visiting St. John
Travelers give high marks for the beaches in St. John, which is also known for its seafood restaurants. Top sights in the city include Battery, Annaberg Plantation, and Trunk Bay.
- There are 125 hotels and other accommodations in St. John
- The closest major airport is in St. Thomas (SPB-St. Thomas Seaplane Base), 13.5 mi (21.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Tortola (EIS-Terrance B. Lettsome Intl.), 14.9 mi (23.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in St. John
The city is notable for landmarks like Annaberg Plantation, Catherineberg Ruins, and Fort Berg. The beaches and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Trunk Bay, Bordeaux Mountain Trail, and Reef Bay Trailhead. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Battery and Virgin Islands National Park.
In St. John, there are 125 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Grande Bay Resort - This 4-star condo features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and room size.
- Estate Lindholm - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Caneel Bay - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a private beach and 4 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Top places to visit around the area include The Baths, 19.9 mi/32.1 km from the city center, and White Bay Beach, which is 7.5 mi/12.1 km away.
Dressing for St. John
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 87°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 72°F
- From April to June, the average is 90°F during the day and 73°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 78°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 90°F as the daytime average and 73°F as the nighttime average
- St. John gets about 39.33 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 90°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 73°F