Visiting Maho Bay
Visitors can enjoy all that Maho Bay has to offer including its beaches. Battery, Annaberg Plantation, and Trunk Bay are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 401 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in St. Thomas (SPB-St. Thomas Seaplane Base), 12.9 mi (20.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Tortola (EIS-Terrance B. Lettsome Intl.), 14.8 mi (23.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Maho Bay
The city's natural beauty is on display at Maho Beach, Francis Bay, and Francis Bay Trail. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Cinnamon Bay Beach and Virgin Islands National Park.
As you plan your vacation to Maho Bay, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 305 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Walk to the North Shore Beaches! is 0.3 mi (0.6 km) from the center of Maho Bay. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in St. Thomas can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and central location.
- Windward Passage Hotel is 12.7 mi (20.4 km) from central Maho Bay. This 4-star hotel in St. Thomas features 2 outdoor pools, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Our customers like its beach locale and pool.
- Wyndham Margaritaville St Thomas is located 8.2 mi (13.2 km) from the heart of Maho Bay. This 3.5-star hotel in St. Thomas features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Battery, located 3.8 mi (6.2 km) from the city center, and Annaberg Plantation, which is 1 mi (1.5 km) away.
Dressing for Maho Bay
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 87°F and the nighttime average to be 72°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 73°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 78°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 90°F during the day and 73°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Maho Bay is 39.33 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 73°F