Visitors can enjoy all that Thermal has to offer including the casinos and mountain views. Top sights in the area include River, Moorten Botanical Garden and Cactarium, and Palm Springs Air Museum.
- You'll find 1847 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Palm Springs
- The closest major airport is in El Centro, CA (IPL-Imperial County), 28.7 mi (46.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Thermal, CA (TRM-Jacqueline Cochran Regional), 39 mi (62.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Thermal
A couple of favorite places to visit are Augustine Casino and San Jacinto Mountains. You'll also find Sonny Bono Salton Sea National Wildlife Refuge and Salton Sea in the area.
As you plan your trip to Thermal, you might not find an accommodation in the heart of city, but you can select from 18 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Here are places to stay in the area:
- Base Camp Pop Up RV & Tent Camping Resort is 37.9 mi (61.1 km) from central Thermal. This 2-star campground in Thermal features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free parking. Our customers like its pool and helpful staff.
- Coachella Festival Ranch Available/ Family Vacation/ Weekend Gateaway is located 30.7 mi (49.5 km) from the heart of Thermal. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star resort in Indian Wells can enjoy access to a golf course and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its central location and comfortable rooms.
- Chic 7BR Thermal Home & Casita-10 Min To Coachella is 37.9 mi (61.1 km) from the center of Thermal. This 2.5-star hotel in Palm Desert features 2 outdoor pools, free WiFi, and free parking. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
Dressing for Thermal
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 84°F and the nighttime average to be 37°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 106°F during the day and 50°F at night
- July through September averages 107°F during the day and 61°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 96°F during the day and 35°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Thermal is 1.65 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 106°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 37°F