Visitors can enjoy all that Waipahu has to offer including the beaches, shopping, and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses and museums. USS Missouri Memorial, USS Arizona Memorial, and Aloha Tower are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 6 hotels and other accommodations in Waipahu
- The closest major airport is in Kapolei, HI (JRF-Kalaeloa), 7 mi (11.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Honolulu, HI (HNL-Daniel K. Inouye Intl.), 7.3 mi (11.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Waipahu
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Waikele Premium Outlets is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Waikele Golf Club and Hawaii's Plantation Village.
As you make plans for a getaway to Waipahu, the best accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 182 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- The Longer the Stay, the Lower the per Diem is 0.9 mi (1.5 km) from the center of Waipahu. Guests who stay at this 4-star resort in Honolulu can enjoy access to 5 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and comfortable rooms.
- Grab This ONE Now.... Available on 5/2/18 is 1.1 mi (1.8 km) from central Waipahu. This 3.5-star hotel in Honolulu features 2 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and bar.
- Vaycay With Southern Comfort and the Aloha Spirit at Hollis Manor is located 1.1 mi (1.8 km) from the heart of Waipahu. This 5-star resort in Honolulu features 2 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and 2 restaurants. Our customers like its central location and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to visit outside the city include USS Missouri Memorial, located 4.3 mi (6.9 km) from the city center, and USS Arizona Memorial, which is 5 mi/8.1 km away.
Dressing for Waipahu
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 77°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 60°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 62°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 67°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 82°F as the daytime average and 62°F as the nighttime average
- Waipahu gets about 64.25 inches of rain per year
- August and September are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 61°F