Travelers to Honolulu give high marks for the beaches, shopping, and local tours. This city also attracts tourists with its Chinatown and monuments. Top sights in the city include Aloha Tower, Diamond Head, and Iolani Palace.
- There are 1092 hotels and other accommodations in Honolulu
- The closest major airport is in Honolulu, HI (HNL-Daniel K. Inouye Intl.), 4.1 mi (6.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Kapolei, HI (JRF-Kalaeloa), 13.4 mi (21.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Honolulu
Attractions like Honolulu Zoo and Waikiki Aquarium are fun for everyone, not just kids. Its Chinatown and monuments are notable and landmarks include Aloha Tower, Iolani Palace, and Cathedral Basilica of Our Lady of Peace. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Diamond Head, Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve, and Foster Botanical Garden.
In Honolulu, you'll find 1092 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Ritz-Carlton Residences, Waikiki Beach - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Waikiki can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and comfortable beds.
- Trump International Hotel Waikiki - Our customers like the bar and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Waikiki can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 3 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- Jet Luxury @ The Trump Waikiki - This 5-star hotel in Waikiki features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
Other top sights in Honolulu include Hawaii State Capitol and Ala Moana Center. Top places to see in the area include USS Arizona Memorial, 6.4 mi/10.3 km from the city center, and USS Missouri Memorial, which is 7 mi/11.3 km away.
Dressing for Honolulu
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 66°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 88°F, while the average at night is 69°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 74°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 88°F and nighttime averages of 67°F
- Honolulu gets about 16.50 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and September are the hottest months with an average of 89°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 66°F